Saturday, September 14, 2013 at I-Park (rain or shine)
It’s that time of year. I-Park’s annual Open House, this year’s focus of which is the 2013 Environmental Art Biennale, is right around the corner.
We invite you to join us on Saturday, September 14 for Volunteers Day. Here, you will be given the opportunity to work directly with the environmental artists in creating their installations. There will also be several projects that we could use help with in preparing for Open House. Regardless of your skill level, we can get you involved in something useful and rewarding. We will, in particular, be in need of several team/project leaders so any relevant experience with the following will be much appreciated.
In addition to assisting the artists with their projects, we’ll be doing:
- Trail work: safety improvements, cleanup
- Gardening: working in the vegetable garden and flower beds
- Decorating: the grounds and tent for the Biennale activities
- Re-organizing: I-Park’s infamous Junk Trail
- De-commissioning: some of the old site installations to make way for the new
- Sprucing: painting, cleaning up around the pond and wetlands
The event will run from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm (though you’re welcome to start earlier – we’ll be there). While we’d love to have you for the entire session, even just a couple hours would be appreciated. Feel free to bring along a friend (no pets please).
As we often do, we plan to produce a short video to document the event – fair warning!
Contact Andria Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance (and to let her know when you expect to arrive) – or call the office (860-873-2468). Let Andria know about your particular talents, preferences and any suggestions.